In October, I think we were as relaxed as we had been during the entire pandemic. In November, we started to tighten up more. Between the election and COVID cases rising, the first week of November was a bit stressful.
I am very behind so I’m going to do a quick catch-up of mostly pictures.
I can’t remember if his name came up on the radio or in a conversation between Noel and I, but what I do remember is Ellen’s reaction.
We had penciled a backpacking trip onto our calendar for fall break months ago, but it wasn’t until the week before that we actually decided what we were doing. We’d originally wanted to backpack in Canyonlands, but didn’t realize how competitive the permits were and that our fall break was at the same time as the entire state of Utah. Undeterred, this just challenged us to go even further off the beaten path. Finally, we decided to backpack the Halls…
The first notable thing to happen in September was Labor Day weekend.
August was a roller coaster.
The day after our 4th of July trip, I had my first day working with clients since March 13th. It had been almost 4 months. I had been really nervous about my work opening back up and whether or not I would feel comfortable about it. I felt like my work was being really responsible (we are a city municipality which helps) and actually felt pretty good about it.
As the fourth of July approached, we weren’t feeling very enthusiastic. All the fireworks shows were cancelled and honestly, we weren’t feeling terribly patriotic and didn’t have much of a desire to be around people who were. We decided it would be best for us to get away from everyone and enjoy some of our nation’s natural beauty.
June began with our fun and slightly unexpected rafting trip. When we got back, we felt ready to be ever so slightly more chill about life.
I mentioned in my last post that we had permits to raft the San Juan river. Way back in March we snagged the permits. We didn’t get selected through the lottery, but after lottery recipients accepted or declined they released any extra permits. Quarantine had just started and we figured things would be better by June. As the weeks progressed, we began to realize there was a strong chance the trip would be cancelled. Noel was calling the BLM office…