Today I am grateful for many things, but I will only list one: our dishwasher.
Noel and I enjoy cooking (although becoming one with our “new” oven is another story), but we limited ourselves to the items Noel was able to realistically schedule into his Google calendar during a four hour period. Ten minute notifications for each step of the meal is what happens when someone obsessed with scheduling and list making marries someone that is obsessed with technology. Needless to say, it worked. At 3:15 (the goal was 3:00) we were ready to dive in. Because I want you to be impressed, I will list our menu:
- Perfect Turkey and cranberry sauce
- Whole Grain Garlic Knots with Parsley and Olive Oil (From Healthy Bread in 5 minutes a Day)
- Mashed Potatoes and gravy
- Salad with homemade vinaigrette (from Cook for Good) and ranch dressing
- Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Pumpkin Pie from a real pumpkin (using the delicious Lionhouse recipe)
Delectable, but I think we used practically every dish in our house, hence the gratefulness for the dishwasher.