As was previously mentioned, Noel and I have both been training for large events. Now that both are complete, here’s the report:
Noel – Ogden Marathon
- Despite some hitches in his training (see below) Noel completed his 3rd marathon
- He didn’t beat my time, but now he has run one more marathon than me which I think gives him a competitive edge
Audrey – Childbirth
- Cooper’s arrival was 100% natural – no meds. We’d taken some childbirth classes on a method called Hypnobirthing and even though I wasn’t necessarily the perfect model (most of the women in the videos we watched looked like they were comatose), the nurses were all amazed at how calm I was (When I showed up at the hospital no one really believed I was in labor and the nurses were shocked when they discovered I was already at a 9).
- I didn’t beat my marathon PR with the total time of my labor, but I did beat it with the amount of time I labored at the hospital (2 1/2 hours)
- Even though Cooper was surprisingly early and just a little guy (weighing in at 6 lbs), they couldn’t find anything wrong with him (and it sure seems like they tried).
Right now, we’re just glad both events are over and are working on a full recovery.