1. This was one of my favorite books as a child. My dad read it with such enthusiasm.
2. The movie is okay. Definitely a lot of extrapolation.
3. When I was pregnant I really wanted to make a sign for Cooper’s bedroom that said, “Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!” but some people told me that would be asking for it. Well, I decided not to listen.
4. The book is on the list of banned books. (Because what child exhibits such poor behavior, whose parents send them to bed without dinner, and what child wouldn’t be afraid of those monsters?) Next week is Banned Book Week; you should read one. It’s not a good book if it doesn’t stir up a little controversy.
5. Our neighbor rescues wild things. They ate through our fence. Nice neighbor though.