This here little blog is 10 year old! Starting with it’s first inspiring post in 2003, it’s been around even longer than our marriage.
To celebrate, we thought we’d share a celebratory dessert. Enjoy!
1 ½ C flour
½ C melted butter (1 cube)
¾ C sliced almonds
¾ C butter
1 TBSP Karo Syrup
½ C Sugar
½ C Cream
1 TBSP Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8” round pans. (I’ve used cake pans, pie pans, and my spring form pan with success.)
- Beat eggs and sugar until creamy, add the flour and baking powder. Mix into a thick batter.
- Pour in the melted butter and mix well. Divide batter between the two prepared pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, add all the filling ingredients to a small saucepan. Cook slowly for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and pour half the almond mixture in the middle of each cake. Spread almost to the edge with a rubber spatula.
- Bake 10-15 minutes more until edges are golden and the almond mixture is bubbly. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
Tip: If I’m not making this delicious dessert for a crowd I freeze the second cake for later.