A Decade of Blogging and Tosca Torte
This here little blog is 10 year old! Starting with it’s first inspiring post in 2003, it’s been around even longer than our marriage.
To celebrate, we thought we’d share a celebratory dessert. Enjoy!
Toska Kakku (Tosca Torte, a Finnish recipe from my grandma)
1 ½ C flour
½ C melted butter (1 cube)
¾ C sliced almonds
¾ C butter
1 TBSP Karo Syrup
½ C Sugar
½ C Cream
1 TBSP Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8” round pans. (I’ve used cake pans, pie pans, and my spring form pan with success.)
- Beat eggs and sugar until creamy, add the flour and baking powder. Mix into a thick batter.
- Pour in the melted butter and mix well. Divide batter between the two prepared pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, add all the filling ingredients to a small saucepan. Cook slowly for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and pour half the almond mixture in the middle of each cake. Spread almost to the edge with a rubber spatula.
- Bake 10-15 minutes more until edges are golden and the almond mixture is bubbly. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
Tip: If I’m not making this delicious dessert for a crowd I freeze the second cake for later.
One thought on “A Decade of Blogging and Tosca Torte”
Unfortunately, as I look down upon the protruding bulge I refer to as my belly, I believe it was deserts, maybe not as delicious as this one, that started it three decades ago. It seems those insignificant events, that start these undesirable results, go unnoticed at the time. Maybe if I knew what might happen to me if I began this pattern of gluttony I might have nipped it in the bud. I know I would of missed all of the indescribably pleasures consuming these morsels. I think I will choose to view my belly as a reminder of all of the pleasure I have had during those 30 years. I know your blogs have also brought me such pleasure, and I hope they continue for a very long time.